UK Agricultural Finance Ltd (‘UKAF’) and UK Agricultural Lending Ltd (‘UKAL’) are incorporated in England and Wales with company numbers 09760807 (UKAF) and 10049593 (UKAL). Their registered office is 1 Connaught Place, London, W2 2ET (‘We’).
UKAF is committed to keeping your information private. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us. This policy relates to the privacy of your information at www.ukagriculturalfinance.com. UKAF’s Privacy Principles explain how we handle your information – and they’re below. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Lender Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis that any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us either directly or via a broker or other similar intermediary, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our approach and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.ukagriculturalfinance.com (‘our site’) you are accepting and agreeing to this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is UKAF.
UKAF Privacy Principles
- UKAF is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By ‘your information’ we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide us.
- We only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected information for a particular purpose, we won’t use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries
You’re not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of the site. We’ll only use the information you provide to us on these pages to process the relevant form.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information or data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register on our site, search for a loan, and if you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your title, first name, last name, company name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, and financial and credit card information.
- On each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (‘URL’) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); requests you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- We work closely with third parties (such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. These help us to improve how our website works, for example, by ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website so that we can personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (such as choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links followed so that we can make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the following table:
|Device||Device||Store device UUID which allows you to restrict account access to particular devices||Expires after 365 days.|
|Affiliate||Affiliate||Stores ID of referring affiliate||Expires after 365 days.|
|View-preference||View-preference||Stores view preference for data collections||Does not expire.|
|PHPSESSID||Session||Identifies current session||Expires after session.|
|initialReferrer||Initial Referrer||Stores URL of initial referrer||Expires after 365 days.|
You may block cookies via a setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after the periods set out in the table above.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us:
- to carry out our obligations in the Terms and Conditions and provide you with the information and services requested from us;
- to provide you with information on services we offer similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to email you with information you need to get started, legal information about your borrowing, alerts about your borrowing and updates on the progress of your loan;
- to provide information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that our site’s content presented in an effective manner for you and your computer.
- Information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical or survey purposes;
- to improve our site so that content is presented in an effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our work to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information received from other sources:
- We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We will also share your information with any security trustee acting on behalf of our investors in relation to any security held in respect of the loan and will also enforce any security on behalf of lenders under instruction from a security trustee or UKAF.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we have with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that help us improve or optimise our site;
- credit reference agencies to help assess your credit score.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if reasonably required to provide your personal data to potential or existing funders of our business;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of UKAF or UKAL, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your information with other lenders if necessary to enforce a loan contract.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We require that you do not share your password with anyone.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use robust procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our Contact Us page.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.